Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Twists Everywhere

It's so hot and sticky this summer. I haven't wanted to do anything other than lie in the dark and drink ice tea.

In between wallowing I've been knitting a scarf, because of course I would. This one is Cables and Columns. The pattern is pretty simple, an eight row repeat, and it didn't take me long at all to memorize it.


I actually knitted about 6 inches worth but it was very tight so I frogged it and restarted. The only problem I'm having is that one of the cabls looks flat and isn't as nice looking as the other. I'm not sure if it's even out after I wash and block it, or if that will just stay. I don't think it'll be noticeable unless someone is staring very closely though.

The lifelines have been a life saver. I actually had to go back 7 rows at one point and I was so glad I had them. Admittedly I started using them after I noticed a mistake about 2 cable twists prior. It's pretty visible if you look for it lol

2 comments:

D1-D2 said...

it still looks rally good for a first try. Is a lifeline that perle thread you have threaded through a row?

Linda said...

It looks very nice!