Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ominous Signs

16 hours in and I really hope the rest of the year isn't going to be like this!

First a look at last year's goals... Let's just say I missed every single one and leave it at that!
1. Work at least 100 hours on Ganesha (He didn't get a stitch last year)
2. Finish at least 10 of my carry-over WIPs
3. End the year with less WIPs than I started
4. Make one (themed?) pinkeep a month
5. Finish Sleepy Hollow so I can wrap up that contest (I haven't forgotten, just...not feeling Halloween)

So let's make this year's overall goals somewhat more achievable, shall we?
1. Finish Ganesh
2. Sort my life out to where I want it to be

As stated this is my list of permissible new starts. Of course, anything that I have the chart, 90% of the floss and a suitable piece of fabric is fair game. Hey, I have to keep my options open;P

Celtic Autumn     Sweeping Cobwebs     Misaki     Japanese Octagon Box     
Here Comes Treble     First Bass     Egyptian Sampler     Deco Spirits     
Cirque des Trianlges     Cirque des Carreaux     Cinderella     Blue Moon

And my New Year's start was from the list. Yay I've stuck to it!

Blue Moon
28ct Waterlily linen, half stitches in 2 strands

15 minutes in I went to snip some thread and realized that I'd been stitching with the wrong colour. 334 instead of 333. A feeble attempt to fudge failed when I realized that the later is a pale blue while the former is a vivid purple! Frog and restitch and one hour later I finish the 333 only to realize that I somehow don't have the next colour. And since I already highlighted the chart in preparation I'm going to have to wait till work tomorrow to reprint the chart.

It was when I went to note down the hours etc. that I realized that I haven't finished my last two New Years starts. (Legends of Dragons and Spring Queen) Is this yet another sign?

Add in some personal stuff that's making me seriously reevaluate things...

Well, it's a good thing I don't believe in signs and superstition. This year is going to be exactly what I want it to be and nothing is going to stop me!

11 comments:

Gabi said...

Or do it like me...don't do goals at all...lol. I find goals in stitching annoying. They tend to make me feel as if I'm weighted down, captured. While I like to be free and enjoy my hobby.
That being said....looking forward to see more of your new start. Blue Moon is a beauty.

Unknown said...

Here's hoping it is exactly how you want it!

Mouse said...

happy new year :) and hope you make it your year too :) love mouse xxxx

Unknown said...

Lovely projects and I hope you enjoy your stitching and dont get too hung up on goals.......she said having joined the Crazy January 2012!!!! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Denise said...

Oops about your 334/333 floss. It'll get better believe me. I went into 2011 feeling it was going to be a bad year and the first half of the year left me speechless. But, the second half left me smiling, content, and the happiest I've been in years.

Take a deep breath and smile. No matter what, you'll be ok!

Ziggyeor said...

Good luck! I love the pieces you're going to work on but I promised myself no new patterns! I have some things that I need to start that I have kitted or mostly kitted. I just remembered one I wanted to stitch this year too! I need fabric I think.

Heather said...

I wish you all the best for 2012, Blu. And I think your second goal is wonderful.

Ranae said...

No frogging in 2012
Nice collection of 2012 stitching

Topcho said...

Beautiful new starts you have for the new year :D And I love your spirit! The 2012 is def gonna be just the way you want it!

Sherry said...

Happy New Year. I love the pieces you have chosen to work on in 2012. And I love your new start Blue Moon. I wish you a great year!!!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

good luck with your goals. lovely start.