Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Brief Glimpse

of the headless horseman.

So I tend to save the backstitch till the very end and then show a before and after picture because I like seeing the difference the backstitch makes. I even did this for Dragon Ride which is a Teresa Wentzler, but that was before I started blogging (or taking pictures). I wasn't too bothered by that. So of course it would be soomething like this that makes me contemplate backstitching as I go!

I think it's the border. It's just repetitive and boring. Upon reflection I should have just left the border without backstitch and just done the horse and man.


Sleepy Hollow
32 ct Thunderstorm

He's now going back into storage since the light at night is too lousy for me to work on such a dark(ish) fabric. Next up is something bright.

15 comments:

Mouse said...

ooooo I have just bought the fabric for this one from sparklies ... have yet to kit it up properly though .. got it for DD :) looks fab and I can't wait to get it sorted now :) love mouse xxx

Unknown said...

I just love this chart, have gotten it for my son who thinks its fab, yours is looking wonderful so far and is so near finished, can see with the fabric why you'd have put it up alright.

Fiona said...

Looking fantastic so far!! Have bought the chart fr this one myself after seeing your amazing piece :) Looking forward to finding the time to stitch it now! Well Done!

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Absolutely wonderful and amazing progress, tooo cool!

Lesleyanne said...

It looks gorgeous.

Michelle said...

Wow, that looks great!

Ranae said...

ohhh! somethiing halloweenish, how I miss it already, but after the new year I will start stitching it again. I hate to bore everyone stitching halloween all the time.
This was a treat to see, looking good!

Rebekah said...

I save the backstitching till the end as well. That was the way I was taught and I've been doing it that way for too many years to change now. lol.

It's looking good! I can't wait to see it all finished.

demeter83 said...

It looks fantastic.
I used to keep all my backstitch to the end, but seeing as I don't really enjoy doing it I've not started doing it page by page so I don't end up having to do all the stuff that I don't like last.

Blog da Leda said...

Hello! There are times I am a follower of your blog, you have beautiful work. I wonder how I can get a graph of the Headless Horseman, he's gorgeous! You can send me information by email ... leda_sc4@hotmail.com. For now, thank you and have a blessed day.

♥ Nia said...

Looks amazing!! :D

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

This an awesome design,so looking forward to seeing it with the back stitch.

Carol said...

Oh, that is an awesome piece, Blu!!

Cleejoow said...

looks really nice, love the way the design stands out on the fabric...

Lynn said...

Fantastic stitching! One of my coworkers stitched this one up last year and it's sooo amazing.